HealthcareSource Announces 2017 New-to-the-Profession Grant Recipients

Healthcare HR practitioners attend ASHHRA Annual Conference & Exposition courtesy of HealthcareSource to accelerate industry education, networking, and professional development

Woburn, MA – September 18, 2017 HealthcareSource®, the leading provider of talent management solutions for the healthcare industry, today announced winners of the eighth-annual HealthcareSource New-to-the-Profession Grants at the ASHHRA 53rd Annual Conference & Exposition.

“Among the many benefits of our partnership with ASHHRA is the opportunity to support the needs of emerging healthcare HR leaders, and we are honored to provide these grants to assist with the continued education and ongoing development of these outstanding practitioners,” said David Wilkins, Chief Marketing Officer, HealthcareSource.

The grants underscore the shared goals of the American Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration (ASHHRA) of the American Hospital Association (AHA) and HealthcareSource to support the next generation of healthcare HR leaders with a wide array of educational, networking, and professional development opportunities.

“We recognize that the needs of healthcare HR professionals who are new to the field differ in many ways from those of more seasoned practitioners, and we are grateful for resources like the New-to-the-Profession Grant which is designed specifically for them,” said Catherine Carruth, Executive Director, ASHHRA.

The HealthcareSource New-to-the-Profession Grant also enables the recipients to attend the ASHHRA 53rd Annual Conference & Exposition, to be held September 16-19, 2017, in Seattle. This year’s grant recipients, to be recognized at the upcoming conference, include:

• Cindy Ruffing, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Director of Human Resources, Physician’s Specialty Hospital & Siloam Springs Regional Hospital
    “I am a firm believer in lifelong learning and was fortunate to be encouraged by mentors early in my career to join professional development membership groups such as ASHHRA. I am eager to supplement my education and identify new opportunities to network with other healthcare HR professionals, and benefit from the tools and resources available to our community.”
  • Teresa Johnson, Vice President of Human Resources, Tri-County Health Care
    “I work in a rural setting for an independent healthcare system, and I am fortunate to have access to the resources provided by ASHHRA to enhance my professional skills through networking, collaboration, and education. My membership to ASHHRA has already helped me become a well-trained and respected healthcare HR professional, and I am eager to take that to the next level.”
  • Margrette Michael, SHRM-SCP, Organizational Development Manager, Kern Medical
    “I am confident this grant, and all the benefits associated with it, will greatly increase my healthcare business acumen and provide significant professional development, learning, and personal growth opportunities. I am particularly interested in participating in the annual ASHHRA conference and related meetings to increase my knowledge and gain a more robust understanding of the healthcare industry from a regulatory perspective.”

About HealthcareSource

HealthcareSource® is the only comprehensive talent management suite designed specifically to support the healthcare talent ecosystem. Our software, services, content, and analytics enable more than 3,300 healthcare organizations and staffing agencies to ensure quality patient care by recruiting, retaining, and developing quality talent — both employees and contingent staff. HealthcareSource has been recognized for their award-winning healthcare talent management solutions, having earned the exclusive endorsement of the American Hospital Association (AHA).

About ASHHRA

Founded in 1964, the American Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration (ASHHRA) is a personal membership group of the American Hospital Association (AHA) and approximately 3000 members nationwide. ASHHRA leads the way for members to become more effective, valued, and credible leaders in health care human resources. As the foremost authority in health care human resources, ASHHRA provides timely and critical support through research, learning and knowledge sharing, professional development, products and resources, and provides opportunities for networking and collaboration. ASHHRA offers the only certification distinguishing health care human resource professionals, the Certified in Healthcare Human Resources (CHHR). Visit www.ASHHRA.org for more information.

HealthcareSource Media Contact:
Meghan Doherty
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

ASHHRA Media Contact:
Ferdinand Libunao
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
312-422-3724