Clinical - New Hampshire
Clinical - Vermont
1-2 years experience required
$2,500 Sign On Bonus!
$5,000.00 Retetion Bonus!
Manages a case load of home care patients. Assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, and evaluates care for each patient, which includes but is not limited to: appropriate treatment intervention, evaluation of outcomes, and utilization of services to ensure that patient care needs are met. Supervises other Home Care staff as necessary.
1. Develops a plan of care under the direction of the patient’s physician and in collaboration with the patient, their family and/or the primary care givers upon admission. Periodically reviews the patient care plan and recertifies the patient care plan as appropriate.
2. Coordinates the patient’s care plan through interdisciplinary communication and case conferences, as appropriate. Advises other disciplines of discharges in a timely manner.
3. Provides ongoing assessment of the patient’s clinical, functional, and emotional status to identify problems and/or progress toward desired goals. Communicates significant changes to the patient’s physician and VNA colleagues as appropriate.
4. Initiates and applies therapeutic clinical interventions using appropriate technique.
5. Initiates referrals for interdisciplinary services when indicated in a complete and accurate manner. Obtains appropriate MD approval.
6. Supervises ancillary personnel (HCA and Licensed Practical Nurses) and delegates responsibilities when required. Establishes a care plan for paraprofessional services and revises as needed according to agency policy.
7. Completes and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes and other required documentation in a timely manner in accordance with expected agency standards, i.e., admission papers and OASIS; clinical notes; day sheets; status change; resumption of care; verbal orders/memos; payer source documentation, including management of authorizations; discharge.
8. Completes all clinical documentation on the laptop and in the home when appropriate and in a timely fashion. Transmits all information twice a day.
Come Join Our Great Team of Experienced Nurse Professionals!