- Successful completion/graduate of a program required by job
VCU Health System's Department of Radiology is seeking a PRN MRI technologist to become a part of our expanding MRI team.
- The practice of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is performed by radiologic technologists responsible for the use of radiofrequencies (RF's) within a magnetic field on humans of all ages (newborn to geriatric) for diagnostic, therapeutic, or research purposes. A MRI technologist performs MRI procedures utilizing MRI scanners and power injectors producing cross sectional and 3D images at the request of and for interpretation by a licensed independent practitioner. MRI technologists may also assist with interventional and therapeutic procedures and perform complex imaging reformatting.
- MRI integrates scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information. A MRI technologist recognizes patient conditions, assesses and monitors patient vital signs, and takes appropriate actions in emergency situations essential for successful completion of a procedure and to maintain quality patient care.
- MRI Technologists must demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, computer technology, basic patient care and assessment techniques, MRI physics, and medical terminology. MRI technologists must maintain a high degree of accuracy in positioning and sequence techniques. They must possess, utilize, and maintain knowledge of magnetic protection and safety, radiation protection, and safety and current complex scanning protocols
· Graduation from a JRC Accredited Program in Radiologic Technology that is recognized by the ARRT or Graduation from a JRCNMT accredited program in nuclear medicine technology
· Certification by the American Registry of Radiology Technologist (ARRT) or Certification by the Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification Board (NMTCB)
· New graduates must obtain ARRT-R registry or NMTCB prior to first day of employment
· Certification by ARRT-MR within 24 months of employment
· Basic Life Support (BLS for Healthcare Providers) for continued employment
· Bachelor's Degree in Radiologic Technology or closely related field from an accredited program
· One (1) year of previous MRI work experience
· Previous work experience in an academic medical center environment
*Selected candidates will be placed into appropriate clinical ladder level for this position based on individual experience and qualifications*
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.