VCU Health System's Department of Radiology is seeking a full time Radiologic Technologist to join our Vascular Interventional Radiology team.
The practice of interventional radiography (cardiac, neuro, and vascular) is performed by radiologic technologists responsible for the administration of ionizing radiation to humans of all ages (newborn to geriatric) for diagnostic, therapeutic, or research purposes.
An interventional technologist performs radiographic and other procedures and related techniques, producing images at the request of and for interpretation by a licensed independent practitioner.
Interventional Radiography integrates scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information and/or therapeutic outcomes.
An interventional technologist recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of a procedure. An interventional technologist must demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology. Interventional technologists must maintain a high degree of accuracy in radiographic positioning and exposure technique. They must possess, utilize, and maintain knowledge of radiation protection and safety.
· Graduation from a JRC Accredited Program in Radiologic Technology
· ARRT Registry required; VI or CI required within 24 months of hire.
· Minimum work experience: new graduates welcome but registry required prior to first day of employment.
· Desired work experience: 2 years in an Interventional or Cardiovascular lab
· Must be available to take call.
· Bachelor's Degree in Radiologic Technology or closely related field from an accredited program
· One (1) year of previous IR or Cath Lab work experience
· Previous work experience in an academic medical center environment
*Selected candidates will be placed into appropriate clinical ladder level for this position based on individual experience and qualifications*