VCU Health System's Department of Radiology is seeking a part time evening shift CT Technologist to become a part of our CT team.
The practice of computed tomography (CT) is performed by radiologic technologists responsible for the administration of ionizing radiation to humans of all ages (newborn to geriatric) for diagnostic, therapeutic, or research purposes.
A CT technologist performs CT procedures utilizing CT scanners and power injectors producing cross sectional and 3D images at the request of and for interpretation by a licensed independent practitioner. CT technologists may also assist with interventional and therapeutic procedures and perform complex imaging reformatting.
CT integrates scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information. A CT technologist recognizes patient conditions, assesses and monitors patient vital signs, and takes appropriate actions in emergency situations essential for successful completion of a procedure and to maintain quality patient care.
CT Technologists must demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, computer technology, basic patient care and assessment techniques, radiation physics, radiation biology, radiation protection, and medical terminology. CT technologists must maintain a high degree of accuracy in positioning and exposure technique. They must possess, utilize, and maintain knowledge of radiation protection and safety and current complex scanning protocols.
· Graduation from a JRC Accredited Program in Radiologic Technology that is recognized by the ARRT
· Certification by the American Registry of Radiology Technologist (ARRT)
· New graduates must obtain ARRT-R registry prior to first day of employment
· ARRT-CT within 24 months of employment
· Basic Life Support (BLS for Healthcare Providers) for continued employment
· Bachelor's Degree in Radiologic Technology or closely related field from an accredited program
One (1) year of previous CT work experience
· Previous work experience in an academic medical center environment
*Selected candidates will be placed into appropriate clinical ladder level for this position based on individual experience and qualifications*