VCU Health System's Department of Radiology- CT is seeking an evening shift supervisor to become to become a part of our Diagnostic Radiology- CT leadership team.
The diagnostic radiology supervisor provides to day-to-day supervision for evening shift technologists.
The supervisor ensures that diagnostic and therapeutic procedures are performed by qualified and competent staff, are of the highest quality achievable and follow the radiation safety principles of ALARA and ACR Guidelines for imaging practices and monitors compliance with VCU and VCUHS policies and procedures.
The supervisor works directly with lead technologists and front line staff to solve problems and reduce barriers to success. He or she implements new initiatives, programs and policies and works collaboratively with other Radiology Supervisors, Mangers, Faculty and staff to ensure a high level departmental safety, quality, and teamwork.
· Graduation from a JRC Accredited Program in Radiologic Technology
· Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Radiation Science or closely related field from an accredited program.
· Current Certification by the American Registry of Radiology Technologist (ARRT) is required.
· Minimum of five (5) years of Diagnostic radiology experience
· Basic Life Support (BLS) required for continued employment.
· Master's Degree in Health Administration, Business Administration or closely related field from an accredited program
· Three (3) years progressively more responsible Diagnostic Radiology supervisory/management experience.
· Previous work experience in an academic medical center environment