VCU Health System's IM-Dalton Oncology is seeking a full time Certified Medical Assistant that will provides direct, age-specific care to a patient or group of patients based on medical orders and the plan of care under the direction of the physician.
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for Hire
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by National Health career Association.
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for continued employment including CPR, etc.
- CMA or CCMA certification
Level and type of experience REQUIRED
- 1 year of medical assistant work experience within the last 3 years if individual is not a graduate of an accredited medical assistant program.
- Previous experience using a personal computer and various software applications, including Microsoft, e-mail, etc.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
Level and type of experience PREFERRED
- 2-3 years of previous experience as a Certified Medical Assistant or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
- Graduate of a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.