VCU Health System's Department of Radiology is seeking an experienced Radiologic Technologist to become a part of our Rad Tech team.
The practice of radiography is performed by radiologic technologists responsible for the administration of ionizing radiation to humans of all ages (newborn to geriatric) for diagnostic, therapeutic, or research purposes.
A radiographer performs radiographic procedures and related techniques, producing images at the request of and for interpretation by a licensed independent practitioner. Radiography integrates scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information.
A radiographer recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of a procedure.
Radiographers must demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology.
Radiographers must maintain a high degree of accuracy in radiographic positioning and exposure technique. They must possess, utilize, and maintain knowledge of radiation protection and safety.
· Graduation from a JRC Accredited Program in Radiologic Technology
· ARRT Registry required prior to first day of employment
· Minimum work experience: new graduates welcome
· Desired work experience: 2 years of hospital experience
· Basic Life Support (BLS) required for ongoing employment.
· Bachelor's Degree in Radiologic Technology or closely related field from an accredited program
· One (1) year of previous diagnostic x-ray work experience
· Previous work experience in an academic medical center environment
*Selected candidates will be placed into appropriate clinical ladder level for this position based on individual experience and qualifications*