Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for Hire (Note: Required credentials are limited to those required by law, regulation, or professional standard.)
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driver's record if required to drive between sites
- Clerical and Computer entry functions
Level and type of experience PREFERRED
- Minimum of 2 years experience in specimen collection techniques (venipuncture, capillary collection, urine collection)
- Certification as a Phlebotomist from ASCP or other recognized certification agency preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a phlebotomy, nursing assistant or medical assistant training program
The Phlebotomist will obtain blood samples by venipuncture and capillary puncture from inpatient/outpatient in all age groups as requested by the physician. The Phlebotomist assures the proper collection of all types of samples as requested by the physicians. The Phlebotomist also prepares specimens for analysis by processing orders via HIS/LIS computers, verifying specimen acceptability and performing established pre-analytical procedures in accordance with laboratory policy in an accurate, safe, and timely manner.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.