Serves as a resource and leader in the clinic for patients, staff, health care providers, management and other disciplines and performs as a Clinical Nurse III or IV. Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures assignments are appropriately delegated with consideration of patients' needs, competencies of staff, geographical layout of the unit and workload balance. Makes sure assignments encompass quality control and environment of care standards.
- Ensures patient admissions are managed expeditious. Monitors patient flow of the clinic for consistency of care and smooth functioning.
- Serves as a preceptor/mentor for new staff. Provides input/complete performance evaluations with Nurse Manager or Director. Provides discipline/corrective action plans to staff. Conducts interviews for potential new employees.
- Identifies potential safety hazards in the clinic and begins resolution. Informs Nursing Director and Nurse Manager/Director immediately of safety issues/events.
- Handles complaints from patients, families and other departments and refers unresolved issues to Nurse Manager or Director as appropriate
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for Hire
Current RN licensure in Virginia or eligible or compact state
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for continued employment including CPR, etc
- Current RN licensure in Virginia
- Current AHS BLS HCP Certification or equivalent
Level and type of experience REQUIRED
- Minimum of (5) years of progressive leadership/management experience
- Previous work experience supervising, coaching and providing feedback to employees
Level and type of experience PREFERRED
- Academic Health Care experience
- Experience with similar patient populations in either an acute care setting or as applicable to area of practice
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
- Certification in specialty area
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from an accredited program
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.