For 175 years, VCU Health System (VCUHS) has cared for patients, educated the next generation of health care professionals and conducted world-class research. We know that our employees make us exceptional, so it's part of our business strategy to provide meaningful benefits and a generous variety of life-work offerings. These programs are integral to our culture. They enrich the lives of our more than 9,000 outstanding employees and they nourish the soul of our community. Our commitment to our employees has earned us several national and local distinctions, including: recognition as a multiyear designee as Richmond's Employer of Choice and recipient of the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Flexibility; and a recognized leader for Workforce Development practices in Greater Richmond. As Richmond's first Magnet® designated facility, we are focused on a culture of professionalism, community leadership and evidence-based practice.
VCU Health System is currently recruiting for Nurse Managers in a few specific areas. We invite you to apply and learn more about the opportunities we have to lead nursing practice with safety, quality care and service excellence as our guiding principles.
Qualified applicants must possess the following:
· Masters degree in Nursing or a related field, or within one semester of degree completion, from an accredited program. If the Masters degree is not in Nursing, then it is required to have a BSN from an accredited school.
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for Hire:
· Current RN licensure in Virginia or eligible
Level and type of experience REQUIRED
· Five years of relevant clinical experience with 2 of those years in progressive leadership and/or supervisory/management roles.
Level and type of experience PREFERRED:
· Academic Health Care experience
· Certification in specialty area
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.