· Conducts training programs for RTI owned agencies and fee for service agencies through-out the U.S in conjunction with other RTI Staff as assigned.
· Works with regional managers and field based recovery staff to provide technical recovery training.
· Works with Clinical Services Manager to establish schedule for field training and assists Clinical Services Manager with development and transmission of recovery based feedback reports and tracking systems.
· Monitors RTI owned agency recovery staff performance through field based audits and review of Tissue Receiving and Agency Support documentation of recovery event.
· Recommends training for RTI recovery partners and owned agencies based upon review and analysis of trending reports and/or specific events indicating training need.
· Assists Clinical Services Manager with providing Donor Management Center with technical support for donor eligibility and recovery on a 24/7 on call basis.
· Assists Clinical Services Manager with establishing new or revised recovery programs in RTI owned agencies.
· Works with Donor Services Operations QA Manager to ensure field staff and recovery partners are provided with all materials needed to ensure effective recovery and transport of tissue to RTI.
· Participates as a member of Annual RTI Training Institute working under the direction of Clinical Services Manager and Corporate Field QA Manager.
· Monitors the effectiveness of training programs through agency performance in procurement technique and contamination rates, responds as needed to negative trends.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
· Bachelor degree in biological or related science required.
· Certified Tissue Banking Specialist (CTBS) required.
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in the tissue banking or procurement industry, with at least two (2) years experience in tissue recovery specifically.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (list required and preferred separately)
· Knowledge of medical terminology, procurement, processing and testing of human tissue for transplant, research and education.
· Knowledge of FDA, OSHA, AATB standards and state regulatory requirements.
· Expert knowledge of aseptic technique.
· Proficient with computer applications including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
· Strong organizational, time management, written/verbal communication skills and technical writing skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with the general public and persons working with tissue banking and other procurement agencies nationwide.
· Mature judgment and excellent follow through in all areas of responsibility.
· Ability to create a positive image to the general and professional community. Understands and appreciates the personal nature of tissue donation, death, loss and grief.
· Knows and follows universal precautions.