The Associate Logistics role represents an entry level position. Associates will develop technical skills in their assigned areas, an understanding of the rules and regulations that RTI administers, and the basic operating approach at RTI including: reading, understanding, and following Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures; working in a team environment; and learning to work with minimal supervision.
· Performs daily activities in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs)
· Unpacks, segregates, organizes, wraps, and packages various supplies and equipment
· Washes, disinfects and sterilizes equipment using chemical treatment and/or Autoclave technology
· Accurately completes paperwork and performs data entry in accordance with Good Documentation Practices
· Preparation of appropriate cleaning applications (such as germicides and sporicides), and understands requirements to properly dispose hazardous and non-hazardous waste
· Performs duties to meet key annual performance metrics for operations
· Maintains accurate inventories for supplies and consumables
· Performs cycle count activities in accordance with SOP’s
· Performs duties while meeting all applicable internal, federal and state quality requirements
o Ability to work in a team environment, exhibits a positive work attitude and respects fellow employees
o Participates in team meetings
o Actively participates in and complies with five pillar program
· Personal Results
o Follows assigned priorities from manager or supervisor
o Understands and complies with safety requirements
o Performs duties while meeting all applicable internal, federal and state quality requirements and regulations
o Participates in periodic performance reviews on a timely basis
o Develops proficiency in at least one Competency and shows a willingness to learn and ability to learn additional skills
RECOMMENDED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· HS diploma or equivalent required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to read, write and follow detailed procedures, written instructions and verbal instructions
· Basic math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
· Proficient in Microsoft Windows environment including Word, Excel and Internet, email, etc.
· Good organization skills and personal accountability
Engagement/Commitment – Demonstrate high levels of commitment to and connection with RTI Biologic’s goals, objectives and related priorities.
· Motivated: gives an extra effort to accomplish tasks well and on time
· Participates in activities and meetings that impact the work group and RTI Biologics
· Demonstrates commitment to the best interests of the work group and RTI Biologics
Professionalism/Integrity – Exhibit a consistent level of professionalism, good judgment, and integrity in all situations.
· Demonstrates a positive attitude and pride in work
· Works independently, but knows when to ask for assistance or guidance
· Maintains confidentiality with sensitive or proprietary information
· Works safely and shows concern for the safety of others
· Consistently displays honesty and integrity in all interactions
Communication – Create understanding and support though effective use of various formal and informal communication techniques.
· Communicates clearly and effectively in written & spoken communications
· Asks good questions as needed to gain information and understanding
· Responds to questions with straightforward, useful information
People/Interpersonal Skills – Interacting with others in a way that tends to build healthy, productive working relationships with RTI Biologics and with external parties.
· Treats others with respect and dignity
· Listens actively to hear and understand others’ ideas and viewpoints
· Is team oriented; cooperates within and across departmental lines
· Willingly provides assistance and support to others
(Also, see requirements identified in the “Operations Competency Descriptors & Specific Job Requirements” Form)
þ Perform repetitive tasks/motions þ Have good manual dexterity
þ Have good eye/hand/foot coordination þ Hear alarms/telephone/normal voice þ Have Clarity of Vision
þ Near Acuity (Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less) ¨ Far Acuity (Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more)
¨ Distinguish colors
Biomedical manufacturing environment.
This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, gloves, masks and safety glasses.