· Supports and develops Business Unit systems and conducts production and financial analyses and may manage/carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas:
· Coordinates standard cost updates and performs cost estimates and analyses for new products and Operations improvement projects.
· Performs production and capacity planning analysis and provides support for continuous improvement.
· Provides inventory and production systems development and support for Operations and Finance.
· Acts as a liaison between Ops and IT for system development and troubleshooting.
· Develops queries and reports to support production data analysis.
· Supports Operations quality systems development including statistical modeling and design of experiments.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
· BS in Industrial Engineering or equivalent education.
· Working knowledge of SQL, Excel, Visual Basic and database systems.
· Understanding of statistical methods and application in business environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (list required and preferred separately)
· Ability to work with minimal supervision in a production environment.
· Good problem solving skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
· Ability to lead and participate in operations improvement projects.
· Proven experience in developing queries and reports and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, gloves, masks and safety glasses.
List activity requirements and percentage of time: KEY: Not at all (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%), Constant (67-100%)
Climbing: Not at all (0%) Bending: Occasional (1-33%) Kneeling/Crawling with force: Not at all (0%)
Pulling: Occasional (1-33%) Reaching Above Head: Occasional (1-33%) Twisting at waist: Occasional (1-33%)
Lift above shoulders: Occasional (1-33%) Lift from floor level: Occasional (1-33%)
Sedentary work: Prolonged periods of sitting & physically handle objects up to 10 lbs occasionally.
Stand for 3 hours/day Sit for 8 hours/day Perform repetitive tasks/motions Have good manual dexterity
Have good eye/hand/foot coordination Hear alarms/telephone/normal voice Have Clarity of Vision
Near Acuity (Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less) Far Acuity (Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more) Distinguish colors
WORKING CONDITIONS: Biomedical manufacturing environment. Potential hazards include exposure to:
Hazardous chemicals: Occasional (1-33%) Blood or body fluids: Occasional (1-33%)
Extreme conditions, hot or cold: Not at all (0%) Communicable diseases: Occasional (1-33%)
Saw Blades, needles or other sharp objects: Occasional (1-33%) Unprotected heights: Not at all (0%)
Moving mechanical parts: Occasional (1-33%) Latex exposure: Occasional (1-33%)