· Works under the direction of and is responsible to the Program Director.
· Collaborates in planning and implementing strategies that support RTIDS-Hospital-Medical Examiners-Coroners providing donation options for all families in a manner that assures the donation is an informed decision.
· Serves as a tissue donation liaison and resource for RTIDS-Hospitals-Funeral Homes-Medical Examiners-Coroners to provide follow up, notification of changes, determining needs and objectives to assure customer satisfaction.
· Plans, designs and presents education/seminars and special programs for RTIDS-Hospitals-Funeral Homes-Medical Examiners-Coroners and other targeted groups.
· Utilizes data to assist in planning for RTIDS-Hospitals-Funeral Homes-Medical Examiners-Coroners and in measuring their outcomes and success in reaching their goals.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
· Bachelor's Degree in Science or Health OR related field OR currently enrolled in Bachelor's program to culminate in attainment of degree no later than 12 months after hire date OR equivalent training/certification required in one of the following areas: nursing, health care professional, mortician, Coroner/Medical Examiner or forensic pathologists.
· At least 3-5 years of working experience in your field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (list required and preferred separately)
· Working knowledge of applicable state and federal tissue bank regulations/standards.
· Excellent presentation and communications skills (verbal and written) including discussions with donor families.
· Conflict resolution skills.
· Computer proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Demonstrate high self motivation, time management and organizational skills.
· Experience educating adults.
· Ability to communicate with all levels in an organization.
· Mature judgment and excellent follow through in all areas of responsibility
· Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, assign priorities and ensure efforts are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner
· Ability and willingness to travel. Valid driver's license and reliable transportation required.
· Ability to work as an integral team member combining the strengths and abilities of a group to successfully accomplish corporate goals.
· Ability to act independently on behalf of the company.
· Understands and appreciates the personal nature of tissue donation, death, loss & grief.
This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, gloves, masks and safety glasses.
List activity requirements and percentage of time: KEY: Not at all (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%), Constant (67-100%)
Climbing: Not at all (0%) Bending: Occasional (1-33%) Kneeling/Crawling with force: Not at all (0%)
Pulling: Occasional (1-33%) Reaching Above Head: Occasional (1-33%) Twisting at waist: Occasional (1-33%)
Lift above shoulders: Occasional (1-33%) Lift from floor level: Occasional (1-33%)
Sedentary work: Prolonged periods of sitting & physically handle objects up to 10 lbs occasionally.
Stand for 3 hours/day Sit for 8 hours/day Perform repetitive tasks/motions Have good manual dexterity
Have good eye/hand/foot coordination Hear alarms/telephone/normal voice Have Clarity of Vision
Near Acuity (Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less) Far Acuity (Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more) Distinguish colors
WORKING CONDITIONS: Biomedical manufacturing environment. Potential hazards include exposure to:
Hazardous chemicals: Not at all (0%) Blood or body fluids: Not at all (0%)
Extreme conditions, hot or cold: Not at all (0%) Communicable diseases: Not at all (0%)
Saw Blades, needles or other sharp objects: Not at all (0%) Unprotected heights: Not at all (0%)Moving mechanical parts: Not at all (0%) Latex exposure: Not at all (0%)