· Provides support to Donation Specialists and Donor Support Center management in areas including training, data collection, performance, and reporting.
· Functions as administrative backup for donor questions/criteria and other duties as assigned.
· Support Donor Support Center staff and assist with all matters related to processing and triaging referrals.
· Provides feedback to Donor Support Center staff on a timely and continual basis.
· Maintains and revises the Donor Support Specialist staff schedule to ensure staffing is appropriate at all times, maintain accurate leave records.
· Assist with hiring, training, and evaluating the performance of the Call Center staff and documenting when successfully completed.
· Prepare monthly performance metrics
· Prepare monthly Eligibility Board Review (ERB) of DOC Hold and Rejected charts.
· Conducts daily audits of referrals, consents, and donors to assure accurate, complete adherence to SOP's, protocols and statistical reports.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Donor Support Center management
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
· Bachelor's Degree in Science or Health – related field OR currently enrolled in Bachelor's program to culminate in attainment of degree no later than 12 months after hire date.
· At least 3 years of experience working in a healthcare environment such as a hospital , doctors office or clinic
· Certified Tissue Banking Specialist (CTBS) preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (list required and preferred separately)
· Some knowledge of tissue and related surgical applications.
· Knowledge of tissue banking: the recovery, processing, testing, & transplantation of human tissue.
· Understands & appreciates the personal nature of donation, death, loss & grief.
· Flexibility of schedule to accommodate days, nights, & weekends.
· Strong written & verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with people positively.
· Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills including accessing need and using resources to motivate others, and coordinate efforts to ensure an efficient and successful outcome in each recovery.
This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, gloves, masks and safety glasses.
List activity requirements and percentage of time: KEY: Not at all (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%), Constant (67-100%)
Climbing: Not at all (0%) Bending: Occasional (1-33%) Kneeling/Crawling with force: Not at all (0%)
Pulling: Occasional (1-33%) Reaching Above Head: Occasional (1-33%) Twisting at waist: Occasional (1-33%)
Lift above shoulders: Occasional (1-33%) Lift from floor level: Occasional (1-33%)
Sedentary work: Prolonged periods of sitting & physically handle objects up to 10 lbs occasionally.
Stand for 3 hours/day Sit for 8 hours/day Perform repetitive tasks/motions Have good manual dexterity
Have good eye/hand/foot coordination Hear alarms/telephone/normal voice Have Clarity of Vision
Near Acuity (Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less) Far Acuity (Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more) Distinguish colors
WORKING CONDITIONS: Biomedical manufacturing environment. Potential hazards include exposure to:
Hazardous chemicals: Not at all (0%) Blood or body fluids: Not at all (0%)
Extreme conditions, hot or cold: Not at all (0%) Communicable diseases: Not at all (0%)
Saw Blades, needles or other sharp objects: Not at all (0%) Unprotected heights: Not at all (0%)
Moving mechanical parts: Not at all (0%) Latex exposure: Not at all (0%)