Adirondack Medical Center, in Saranac Lake, is accepting applications for the position of Cook. This position will be rresponsible for quality food productions for the patients, staff and guests of while maintaining the standards set for a safe and sanitary department.
- Prepare all foods in sufficient quantities, and according to HACCP standards, to cover service requirements for the meal (s) assigned.
- Test, standardize and retest recipes to maintain high standards of food preparation and portion control. Document and update recipe file. Adhere to standardized receipt for consistent quality.
- Anticipate food preparation needs for upcoming meals.
- Report repairs and maintenance needs to Director of Food Service or Nutrition Manager.
- Participates in appropriate committees, provides a positive contribution to the facility by involvement and active support to the facilities philosophy and mission statement.
- Responsible to adhere to all safety rules, policies and procedure of the organization; to report any potential safety hazards immediately; and to participate in safety training/in-service sessions.
- Quantity food preparation experience desired.
- Must have some formal or on-the-job training in food preparation, cooking, estimating quantity of food needed, in requisitioning and storing food and supplies, general kitchen management and safety sanitation in handling food supplies.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.