Adirondack Medical Center-Mercy, in Tupper Lake, is accepting applications for the position of Cook. This position will be rresponsible for quality food productions for the residents, staff and guests of AMC-Mercy while maintaining the standards set for a safe and sanitary department.
- Prepare all foods in sufficient quantities, and according to HACCP standards, to cover service requirements for the meal (s) assigned.
- Test, standardize and retest recipes to maintain high standards of food preparation and portion control. Document and update recipe file. Adhere to standardized receipt for consistent quality.
- Anticipate food preparation needs for upcoming meals.
- Report repairs and maintenance needs to Director of Food Service or Nutrition Manager.
- Participates in appropriate committees, provides a positive contribution to the facility by involvement and active support to the facilities philosophy and mission statement.
- Responsible to adhere to all safety rules, policies and procedure of the organization; to report any potential safety hazards immediately; and to participate in safety training/in-service sessions.
- Quantity food preparation experience desired.
- Must have some formal or on-the-job training in food preparation, cooking, estimating quantity of food needed, in requisitioning and storing food and supplies, general kitchen management and safety sanitation in handling food supplies.
- High School Graduate preferred.