Bachelor's Degree from Nationally Accredited College/Univers
Allegan General Hospital seeks a full time Medical Technologist to work overnights for our Lab.
Schedule of position is as follows:
1st week of pay period: Thur & Fri, 9pm-7am / Sat, 7pm-7am
2nd week of pay period: Wed & Thur, 10pm-7am / Fri, 9pm-7am / Sat, 7pm-7am
Perform, interpret and correlate clinical lab tests by following department protocols, to assist physicians in diagnosing and treating patients. Prepare specimens for testing, screen patient specimens and analyze patient specimens for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. Perform quality control procedures and assist in maintaining efficient and effective lab operations.
· Bachelor's Degree in related field required, Medical Technology preferred
· Certification from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or National Credentialing Agency (NCA) for lab personnel
· One year experience in a Medical Technologist position preferred
· Familiarity with a variety of clinical lab instruments and equipment
· Knowledge of general, advanced and specialized lab procedures
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Ability to work independently, effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines and with multiple interruptions
Allegan General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.