High School/GED from Nationally Accredited College/Universit
Allegan General Hospital seeks a part time Patient Access Specialist to work in Emergency Registration.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
- Register patients by collecting accurate patient and insurance information.
- Obtain all necessary signatures and/or legal consent for treatment and/or admission, advanced directives and Important Message from Medicare (IM).
- Contact insurance carriers and/or patient Primary Care Physician as required by insurance contract and/or policy to gain approval for services
- Contact all scheduled self-pay patients to make arrangements for payment and addresses all self-pay patients at point of service for payment.
- Collect & record authorization and precerts for HMO/Managed care patients.
- Maintain checks on all scheduled services updating all insurances and demographic information given by physician office.
- Accept payment from patients and/or others and write receipts of the same.
QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE, but may not be limited to:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certification in Medical Terminology at hire or within 12 months of hire
- Previous medical schooling and/or experience preferred
- Excellent customer service & spelling skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- High level of experience with multi-line phones and computers
- Ability to perform in a highly stressful and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Recent experience in asking for payment, writing receipts, making change and giving payment explanations
Allegan General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.