Performing radio and telephone operations. Processing and prioritizing incoming emergency and non-emergency requests for air and ground ambulances. Responsible for dispatching appropriate emergency units, in accordance with procedures. Receive and process information with helicopters and ambulances on missions. Assisting manager and shift supervisor as requested.
- Performs a full range of radio and telephone operational duties in a 24-hour emergency response facility.
- Processes and prioritizes incoming emergency and non-emergency requests for numerous air and ground ambulances.
- Determines the nature, location and priority of requests, and dispatches the appropriate emergency unit in accordance with established procedures.
- Receives and processes information on a continual basis with numerous helicopters and ground ambulances on missions, maintaining availability, status and location.
- Able to perform emergency dispatch procedures, per policy, in the event of an aircraft emergency event.
- Will function as a team leader, and will make critical decisions.
- Assists with managerial duties and shift supervising as requested.
- Assist with membership data entry, providing medical information from the data bank.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
Personal Characteristics / Physical Demands:
- Professional demeanor at all times.
- Courtesy and Understanding.
- Willing to work with others.
- Proper telephone etiquette.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Must be able to remain calm in a stressful situation and work well under pressure.
- Must be capable of making critical decisions quickly and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must have good vision, memory, dexterity, verbal, reading, and math skills.
- Must have hearing that is within the normal range as defined by nationally recognized audiometric standards, or that surpasses the normal range, including the ability to hear alarms, and hear and understand information received over the telephone, radio, and intercom.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Training / Certification:
- Current CPR Certification preferred / not required
- EMD preferred / not required
- N.A.A.C.S. preferred / not required
Air Evac offers:
- 401(k) Match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Vision Plan
- EAP Program