**Sign-On Bonus and Relocation Packages Available for New Hires!**
The Surgical Technologist is a responsible member of the patient care team in Surgery, working under the supervision of the Charge Nurse. Responsibilities include assisting in direct patient care, assembling instrumentation, supplies and equipment for surgical procedures under the Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN) and Certified Surgical Technician (CST) guidelines.
Successful candidates will have knowledge of procedure and technique in caring for patients, equipment and supplies; the ability to communicate well on the telephone; and can demonstrate aseptic technique, scrub, gown and glove counts; and other aspects of scrub role under the AORN and CST guidelines.
As a Surgical Technologist you will have the opportunity to:
· Function as a Surgical Technician demonstrating responsibilities that include assisting in direct patient care in the Operating Room
· Anticipate the needs of the surgeon, pass appropriate instruments, and assist in exposure of the surgical field
· Select and prepare appropriate supplies and equipment for the surgical cases and operate all surgical equipment
· Organize instrumentation and the sterile field
· Perform all surgical counts consistently, including the "safety count"