The Transfer/Admit Center Nurse coordinates the assignment of patient admissions for Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center. Performs initial admission screening using approved clinical guidelines to ensure patient admissions and bed assignments are consistent with current policy and procedure. Works in collaboration with multiple departments within the hospital and participates in bed management meetings with hospital staff. Identifies and communicates bed utilization issues. Identifies and reports barriers to patient transfers and admissions efficiency.
- Identifies available beds and coordinates assignment of patient beds within the hospital using knowledge and appropriate utilization of unit admission criteria.
- Works with physicians and/or staff to prioritize admissions, intrahospital transfers, and interhospital transfers. Maximizes resources to avoid diversion of patients.
- Ensures appropriate coordination of room turnover in collaboration with central transport and housekeeping dispatch staff and supervisors.
- Works with Emergency department and other nursing units to facilitate admissions and bed assignments in an expeditious manner.
- Regularly communicates with nursing units to validate patient census (ADT) against actual empty beds.
Identifies trends related to bed utilization, transfer and movement through facility, reporting barriers to patient throughput to management.
- Prepares statistical reports related to bed utilization and transfers.
Education: Bachelors degree in nursing or allied health field required. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, 2-4 recent years of demonstrated utilization /case management or acute patient care experience may be considered.
License: Registered Nurse (RN) licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing and Basic Life Support (BLS) certified by American Heart Association (AHA) required.
Experience: Minimum of two years clinical nursing experience demonstrating knowledge of nursing process, patient flow and coordination with multiple departments. Experience in Utilization Review, Critical Care or Emergency Department preferred. Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with variety of individuals using courtesy, diplomacy, and respect. Strong computer skills, using Microsoft Office.