Lab Assistant/Specimen Processor Position Overview
The Lab Assistant/Specimen Processor contributes to the overall patient experience by using organizational and communication skills to receive and process laboratory specimens as specified by regulatory requirements and laboratory standard operating procedures. This is done through assessing requisition date, specimen adequacy and acceptability to ensure accurate order entry and high quality laboratory results.
As a Lab Assistant at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
· Support an efficient, well functioning testing department through strong organizational skills
· Enhance the patient care experience by recognizing and valuing diversity while ensuring accurate and efficient processing of specimens
· Be a part of a team that shares and demonstrates knowledge and expertise regarding routine and reference lab testing
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Prior education or demonstrated knowledge in medical terminology required
· College courses/credit toward an advanced degree, especially science course work, preferred
· 1 year laboratory experience or related experience in healthcare setting required
· Specimen processing experience including esoteric reference lab specimen handling and packaging, preferred
· Phlebotomy experience, preferred
· Data entry and keyboarding experience, preferred
· Good organizational skills that ensure accurate processing under adverse conditions
· Ability to adapt to new processes
· Detail oriented and ability to multi-task while maintaining a calm and effectual demeanor
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers and other departments
· Knowledge of laboratory tests and/or laboratory ordering processes, preferred
· Demonstrated proficiency with computers, preferred.
Additional Position Details
This position supports the Microbiology department. Includes AM and PM shifts / rotating weekends and holidays.
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive starting wage
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
· Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
· Generous Earned Time Off
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values –traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.