Full Time salaried position
Food Production Supervisor Position Overview
The Food Production Supervisor for Nutritional Services at Asante plans, organizes, executes and controls work activities of Hospitality Service personnel. The Supervisor supports the policies and procedures of Asante Health System and maintains the highest possible quality standards while providing cost effective food preparation and food service operations. The ideal candidate supports the goal of not only meeting - but exceeding - the market, community, patient, and hospital expectations while maintaining JCAHO, regulatory, and budget requirements.
This position is based at Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford and affords the flexibility to work both day and evening shifts, as well as one weekend a month.
As a Food Production Supervisor at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
· Utilize and further develop skills and creativity by being a part of such initiatives as recipe and menu development and implementation, enhancing food service operations, educating and mentoring staff
· Maintain department excellence through open communication networks and assist in developing high quality services that meet the customers' needs and expectations
· Be a part of the Nutrition Services Leadership Team, with the ability to influence department policies and procedures, develop goals and strategies for meeting these goals, and making operating decisions
· Equivalent comparable combination of formal training at a culinary institute and a high school diploma with appropriate experience is required
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a Food Service field, preferred
· 3-5 years of culinary experience institutional or service environment required
· 2 years of management/supervisory experience required
· Active membership in professional associations related to position, preferred
· Evidence of continuing education and development in related field, preferred
· Experience in a healthcare environment, preferred
· Oregon Food Handler Card issued by an agency approved by Oregon Department of Health, or a valid food manager training certificate.
· Basic understanding and proficiency in computers and related software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), project software, e-mail, navigating the internet, and use of computer scheduling and work order maintenance systems and programs
· Ability to solve complex problems, scheduling, and prioritizing work
· Ability to promote and maintain effective written and verbal communication with co-workers, customers, vendors, and others using English as the primary language
· Ability to deal effectively with the public and to quickly answer concerns to the satisfaction of the customer
· Ability to work as a team player across departmental lines (interdisciplinary)
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive starting wage
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
· Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
· Generous Earned Time Off
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values –traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.