Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)/Unit Secretary Opportunity Overview
The CNA/Unit Secretary carries out the clerical and receptionist duties for the nursing units and is responsible for facilitating the flow of the nursing units, communication of information, and transcription of physician's orders under the supervision of an RN. And as a certified caregiver, the CNA/Unit Secretary is also responsible and accountable for individual practice for assigned patients and contributing to the utilization of the nursing process.
As a CNA/Unit Secretary you will have the opportunity to:
· Assist RN's in providing patient care based on psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age specific needs
· Perform a variety of clerical, receptionist and administrative support functions for the nursing unit
· Facilitate workflow in the nursing units, communication of information and transcription of physicians orders under the supervision of an RN
· Promote patient safety and comfort and actively participate in patient satisfaction
· Demonstrate advanced Responsive Observations knowledge base in practice of care
· Provide excellent communication between staff and patients/customers
· Promote and maintain Asante's Vision and Values
· Completion of an OSBN approved CNA-2 training program
· Medical Terminology through education or experience in a healthcare setting
· Minimum one year CNA and/or clerical experience required
· CNA 2 certified by the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) upon start
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certified by the American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
Additional Position Details:
Part time schedule will be Monday, Friday the first week and Monday, Wednesday the next week, rotating every 2 weeks.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements: This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis – such as transferring a patient in and out of a bed. The ability to bend, stretch, twist and perform other awkward physical movements is also required. To be placed in this position, applicants must pass a physical functional screening.
Compensation & Benefits
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision and wellness
· Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
· Generous time off package with 8 holidays
· Tuition reimbursement available
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values –traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.