Director of Cancer Services Position Overview
The Director of Cancer Services will oversee regional outpatient cancer services for Asante Health System. These services include, but are not limited to: radiation oncology, infusion services, and nurse navigation. The Director works closely with all departments to coordinate the overall cancer program as a single product. This position has ongoing, close working relationships with the hospital administration, Cancer Committee, the medical and radiation oncologists, oncological surgeons and the community at large.
As the Director of Cancer Services at Asante you will have the opportunity to:
· Analyze productivity, trends, costs, and patient levels for outpatient oncology programs and coordinate the tracking and utilization of this data for further development purposes
· Implement and evaluate the cancer program's services and projects, working with designated individuals to identify and plan cancer program functions which increase utilization of medical and radiation oncology services
· Serve on the Tumor Board and Cancer Committee and represent the cancer program and center through involvement with national cancer organizations and attending outside meetings of other organizations related to the development of cancer programs and other cancer related topics
· Manage strategic planning, program development and capital and operational budgets
· Grow, facilitate and coach a high performing team
· Ensure high quality patient care
· Bachelors of Science in Health Administration, Nursing, or Radiology required
· Master's degree in business management, healthcare management or a related field preferred
· 5 or more years of progressive leadership experience in Oncology / Cancer Services required
· Experience in strategic planning, program development and/or building/expansion preferred
· Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified by the American Heart Association required upon start
· Self-driven and motivated
· Must have a mechanical aptitude and ability, with attention to detail and creative problem solving abilities
· Ability to work well under pressure on concurrent, multidisciplinary projects.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Must be able to work effectively with diverse groups of people, including staff, physicians and external vendors
Compensation & Benefits
· Excellent salary, including bonus potential
· Relocation Assistance Available
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision care
· Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
· Generous work/life balance incentive
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is one of the top 15 health systems in the nation and the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We are locally owned and based in beautiful Southern Oregon. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5000 people and include Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values – the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.