Full Time salaried position
Clinical Manager - Position Overview
The Clinical Manager of the Ortho Surgical Unit provides leadership to the Medical Surgical C/D Unit at Asante Three Rivers Medical Center (ATRMC). This is a 31-bed unit with staff specializing in caring for general/vascular, total joint/orthopedics, trauma, GYN, ENT, and urology surgery patients. The primary purpose of the position is to coordinate available resources, manage and guide the strategic direction of the department, and assure accountability of health care professionals to support delivery of superb health care services. The manager works with, and is an active member, of the ATRMC Nursing Leadership Team. The areas of responsibility include human resource management, development of department policies and procedures, financial performance and nursing strategic planning.
Asante Three Rivers Medical Center is a modern hospital in Grants Pass devoted to blending the most up-to-date treatments with the timeless principles of holistic care. This hospital offers a great variety of high-quality medical services based around general and acute care. Our focus on holistic healing principles means a calmer and more pleasant healing experience for our patients.
Patients at Asante Three Rivers can expect comfort and privacy while they are healing. Our commitment to gentle healing is evident even in the design of Asante Three Rivers, with its open floor plan for a less restricted atmosphere. Patient rooms are located in low-traffic areas to offer quiet and privacy while patients are in recovery. And that commitment to gentle care starts with our tiniest patients. Asante Three Rivers was the first hospital in Oregon to be designated a "Baby-Friendly" Hospital by the World Health Organization and UNICEF. To make our hospital even more welcoming for infants, we have continued to build on the efforts that first earned us that honor.
Asante Three Rivers is also ranked second in Oregon for providing orthopedic services and was the first hospital in Oregon to be designated a Pathway to Excellence Hospital from the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC). The Pathway to Excellence Program defines and measures the essential elements of an optimal nursing practice environment. Designation confirms to the community that your healthcare organization is committed to nurses, recognizes what is important to nursing practice and values nurses' contributions in the workplace.
As a Clinical Manager at Asante you will have the opportunity to:
· Create a culture that fosters staff self-development and continued learning, ensuring the competence of all staff is assessed, maintained, demonstrated and improved continually
· Encourage feedback from internal and external customers, including patients/families, to monitor service effectiveness, identify opportunities for improvement of work processes, and ensure that customer needs are met
· Develop an annual operating budget and capital expenditure plan, including a mechanism to monitor plan implementation and outcomes; and assists in maintaining Asante's profitability through innovative and diligent application of sound resource management principles
· Communicate and implement the strategic direction of the organization that fulfills the mission, vision, and values of Asante
· BSN or bachelors degree in a related field or within 6 months of completion required
· Three years progressive leadership or supervisory nursing experience required
License / Certification
· Registered Nurse (RN) licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) required upon start
· Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified through the American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
· Proficiency with the complete PI cycle along with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
· Ability to prioritize multiple projects, acting as a positive role model and change agent
· Successful complex problem solving abilities
· Competency with fiscal management
· Proficiency in computers and related software applications along with the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions
· Ability to effectively prioritize and manage workload
· Ability to communicate and work in an effective manner with all levels of personnel
· Ability to effectively hold staff accountable in effort of achieving optimal efficiencies and patient care outcomes
Compensation & Benefits
· Excellent salary, including bonus potential
· Relocation assistance available
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision care
· Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
· Generous Earned Time Off
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values – the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.