Food Service Worker Position Overview
The Food Service Worker performs a variety of duties related to food production and working in a food service area. Duties may include stocking food supplies; temperature monitoring; maintaining food quality and assuring that food being served looks appetizing and appealing; and maintaining the dishwashing area and equipment in a clean, sanitary and safe condition. Food Service Workers may also work in the cafeteria operating the cash register. Other duties may also include some routine and repetitious tasks such as washing dishes, utensils, pots and pans.
In this position, the ability to deal with the public in a professional and friendly manner and to work as a team and assist fellow co-workers is essential. Our Goal of Excellence is to be our best at all times and to provide a service to our customers that is at our highest level of quality.
· Some high school required
· Some knowledge of the care and use of institutional equipment and utensils required
· High school diploma or equivalent, preferred
· Some food service experience, preferably in a restaurant or institution, or other related experience is required
· Experience in a health care environment, preferred
· Oregon Food Handler Card issued by an agency approved by Oregon Department of Health or a valid food manager training certificate is required
Working Environment / Physical Requirements: This position requires the ability to perform a wide range of physical tasks including the ability to lift, push or pull up to 30 pounds on an occasional basis. To be placed in this position, applicants must pass a physical functional screening test.
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive starting wage
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
· Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
· Generous Earned Time Off
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
For on-call Positions
Compensation & Benefits
· An additional 15% on top of the base hourly rate (if not an employee already in a benefitted position)
· Benefit option available through the Asante Flexible Workforce plan
· Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values –traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.