The ITS Project Manager is responsible for managing projects, which include the evaluation, selection, development, implementation, upgrade of major clinical, patient management, business and strategic systems application software. The IT Project Manager identifies and develops project goals and scope, impact analysis, timelines, implementation strategies and evaluation methods. They identify decision-making issues and key stakeholders, develop and implement strategies to encourage and obtain stakeholder and/or community awareness and support, and identify project partners. The Project Manager identifies and coordinates with program and advisory committees, administers project budgets, authorizes expenditures and develops and monitors contracts. They coordinate publicity and development of informational materials. They may train and advise staff, project advocates, and project participants. They plan, facilitate and conduct meetings. They measure, evaluate and communicate project performance. They follow established project management and system selection methodologies. They may provide tier 3 support for specialized applications or development projects. The areas to be served by this position include all entities of Asante.
· Bachelor's degree required in computer science or related field, or minimum of five years of equivalent work experience as a Project Manager in IT is required
· Formal seminar training in project management skills and techniques preferred
· Minimum of three years of proven demonstrable experience in all phases of project management required
· Project management experience relevant to software development, implementing IT projects, or managing related integration projects required
· Strong PC skills including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with experience with project management software, e.g. Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc. required
· Technical understanding of Information Technology or Information Services highly desired
· Knowledge and thorough understanding of PMBOK and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
· Project Management Certification, e.g. PMP, PJM, PMI JR, ITPJ or CE credits, preferred
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive starting wage
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
· Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
· Generous Earned Time Off
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values –traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.