Outpatient Surgical Technologist Wanted
At Asante, you are the difference. Your personal happiness and wellbeing are reflected in the personal attention and quality of care we deliver every day. Here, you'll find an environment of mutual respect, camaraderie, learning and growth. A place where each voice is heard and sound ideas are acted upon. A community in every sense, we collaborate widely across the organization to do what's best for our patients, united by a shared passion: to provide exceptional care that makes a positive impact on family, friends, neighbors and the community.
Asante's culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. All three Asante hospitals have earned five stars from CMS for overall quality – the top rating given. In fact, Asante accounts for three of the five Oregon hospitals to achieve this rare honor. You can see our many other quality awards and accolades here.
We are seeking an impressive Surgical Technologist to join our top healthcare system. At Asante, Surgical Technicians are a highly valued member of the patient care team in Surgery, working under the supervision of the Charge Nurse. As a surgical technologist at Asante, you will have the opportunity to join a team where camaraderie extends into personal life and where high performance is expected. At Asante Center for Outpatient Health, you will work in an environment with modern facilities and will often crossover to our neighboring facility, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center to rotate shifts and take call as needed.
What You'll Do
· Become a critical member of the surgical team by functioning as a Surgical Technician in the Operating Room under the Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN) and Certified Surgical Technician (CST) guidelines
· Anticipate the needs of the surgeon, pass appropriate instruments and assist in exposure of the surgical field
· Select and prepare the appropriate supplies and equipment for surgical cases and operate all surgical equipment
· Organize instrumentation and the sterile field
· Perform all surgical counts consistently, including "safety count"
Who You Are
· You have knowledge of procedure and technique in caring for patients, equipment and supplies
· You can demonstrate aseptic technique, scrub, gown and glove counts; and other aspects of scrub role under the AORN and CST guidelines
· You can task-switch rapidly without losing your efficiency or your focus
· Your communication game is strong - you rarely feel misunderstood
What You Must Have
Must have one of the following:
· Graduate of nationally accredited, approved by the OHA education program for surgical tech and holds a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTA), or
· Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing, or
· Completed training for surgical techs in the military and has completed 16 hours continuing education every 2 years, or
· Providing documentation showing surgical tech practice during at least 2 of the 3 years immediately preceding 01/01/2017 and completes 16 hours of continuing education every 2 years
Additional Required Certifications and Preferred Experience
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certified by the American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
· Ability to scrub minimally invasive procedures as related to Orthopedics, General, ENT and GYN specialties preferred. Previous experience in an Ambulatory Surgery Center also preferred.
What We Offer
· Opportunity to work for an award-winning Healthcare System
· A dynamic and supportive leadership team who is invested in your growth
· An unparalleled, supportive culture that leads to award-winning patient outcomes
· Excellent base pay, comprehensive benefits and performance based incentives
· Relocation Assistance and Sign-on Bonuses
· Generous time off package including 8 holidays that supports a healthy work/life balance
· Substantial retirement package that includes a 6% employer contribution
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a locally-managed, nationally recognized top 15 health system. We are located in beautiful Southern Oregon and are the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5,000 people and include: Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values – the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.