The Outpatient Surgical Technologist serves as a member of the surgical team working with Surgeons, anesthesia providers, RN's and other surgical personnel in delivering patient care and assuming appropriate responsibilities before, during, and after surgery in accordance with the Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN) and AST Standards of Practice. There is no weekend/holiday/night call associated with the outpatient center.
Successful candidates will have knowledge of procedure and technique in caring for patients, equipment and supplies; the ability to communicate well on the telephone; and can demonstrate aseptic technique, scrub, gown and glove counts; and other aspects of scrub role under the AORN and CST guidelines.
As a Surgical Technologist you will have the opportunity to:
· Functions as a Surgical Technician in minimally invasive specialties demonstrating responsibilities that include assisting in direct patient care in the operating room
· Anticipate the needs of the surgeon, pass appropriate instruments, and assist in exposure of the surgical field
· Select and prepare appropriate supplies and equipment for the surgical cases and operate all surgical equipment
· Organize instrumentation and the sterile field
· Perform all surgical counts consistently, including the "safety count"
· Performs wound closure (subcutaneous and skin) under the direct supervision of the surgeon