Our 28 bed General Medicine Unit cares for patients with a variety of diagnosis. Nicknamed the "detective" unit, as any undiagnosed medical conditions come to this unit and the medical team works together to help solve the mystery and treat the patient with the most appropriate care. Nurse to patient ratios for the General Medicine Unit are generally 5:1 for day and night shift. Telemetry patients are common along with a large population of renal and isolation patients.
As a General Medicine RN at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
· Enhance your knowledge with regard to a variety of diagnoses with a possible cardiac component
· Increase your knowledge on how to care for the renal failure patient
· Learn how to use a cycler for a patient in need of Peritoneal Dialysis
· Implement and evaluate plan of care with the goal of optimizing patient outcomes
· Participate in education and Performance Improvement activities to provide a quality service and keep up with industry changes
This is a variable schedule position, which is available to cover predicted absences within the unit.