Security Officer Position Overview
The Security Officer is primarily responsible for the safety of patients, guests, and employees as well as the protection of property. The Security Officer patrols assigned areas for safety hazards, guest difficulties, accidents, disorderly persons, theft, or other situations or conditions which may affect the overall security of the organization.
· College level classes in security or law enforcement, preferred
· Taser Training: Newly hired Security Officers must complete the appropriate taser training before they are released to work any shifts. Information on this training will be provided upon hire.
· One year security experience required
o Experience in military or law enforcement can substitute for security experience
· Previous healthcare experience, preferred
· Private security certification from the Department of Public Safety and Standards Training (DPSST), either armed or unarmed, is required upon start for this position
o Please Note: Other DPSST certifications (such as Basic Police) do not qualify
· Possession of valid Oregon Driver's License with proof of safe driving record for the past 10 years and proof of insurance is required
· Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certification by the American Heart Association, preferred
· Ability to think quickly and to respond rapidly to potentially violent situations in a manner reducing the level of danger to those persons in the immediate area
· Ability to deal with the public in a stable, mature manner demonstrating a professional demeanor
· Ability to identify and prioritize duties
Compensation and Benefits:
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision care
· Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
· Generous time off package with 8 holidays
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values –traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.