The Medical Assistant/Wound Care Tech, under the direction of the Provider, RN, or LPN provides direct and indirect patient care, performs specific procedures, keeps the clinic in operational form, supports inpatient wound care nurses as needed, maintains quality control and greets and assists patients and families.
The Advanced Wound Center has a dynamic team who are passionate about the work they do. This position is best suited for an individual who is a strong team member, enjoys wound care, developing new skills and is comfortable with a physically active work environment. The clinic is open Monday-Friday and closed for 7 major holidays. This on call position will also be trained to cover at the front desk.
As the Medical Assistant/Wound Care Tech at Asante you will have the opportunity to:
· Assist the Provider with wound debridement and cleansing and specimen collection
· Apply wound dressings, fit specialized boots and apply compression wraps
· Open and prepare the clinic each morning to receive patients
· Answer and triage patient calls
· Prepare patient for the Provider, including transferring patient to exam table with/without a lift, disrobing patient as needed, positioning patient, washing around the wound site, removing old dressings, cleaning and anesthetizing wounds