Sterile Processing Technician Position Overview
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for disassembly, cleaning, decontamination, reassemble, sterile preparation, sterilization, storage and distribution of all instrument trays, sets, medical surgical supplies and equipment that are required for the care of the patients. Following infection control practices and aseptic technique.
As the Sterile Processing Technician at Asante you will have the opportunity to:
· Follow infection control practices and aseptic technique.
· Work in a field that has career potential
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Previous experience in a customer service field exhibiting excellence in teamwork and communication
· Preferred -
o Previous experience in the health care industry or related field.
o Previous knowledge of surgical instruments, procedures and supplies needed for the care of patients.
o General understanding of the uses and functions of medical/surgical supplies.
· Preferred –
o Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT) by CBSPD
o Certified Registered Central Service Technician - certified by IAHCSMM course
· Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
Compensation & Benefits
· Excellent salary, including bonus potential
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision care
· Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
· Generous work/life balance incentive
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is one of the top 15 health systems in the nation and the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We are locally owned and based in beautiful Southern Oregon. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5000 people and include Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values – the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.