40 Hour OT Rule - OT paid after 40 worked hours in a week
Dietitian Position Overview
The Dietitian will provide in-depth nutritional care of patients in outpatient and inpatient settings by performing nutritional screenings, intervention education and care planning. This position will act as a liaison between Asante, our patients, and the community in advocating health and well-being.
This position is a scheduled on-call position
that does require some flexibility. On average will be scheduled from 8 to 28 hours per week.
As a Dietitian at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
· Perform nutrition assessment and documentation to assure adequate medical nutritional therapy
· Carry out nutritional intervention education and care planning for outpatients and home care patients
· Ensure excellent customer service in interactions with patients and the community
· Maintain clinical competencies, registration, and licensure to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations
· Bachelors Degree in Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, or equivalent required, in combination with Registered Dietitian certification
· Must have completed The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics accredited internship with a clinical emphasis or have graduated from a coordinated undergraduate program in dietetics
· Two years clinical dietetic experience in diabetics, preferred
· Previous experience teaching peers, adults in groups and one on one, preferred
· Community speaking experience, preferred
· Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics required (If not registered at the time of employment, must be registry eligible and successfully pass the registry examination within one year of hire)
· Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) by the National Certified Board for Diabetes Educators, preferred
· Licensed Dietitian (LD) by the Oregon State Board of Licensed Dietitians, preferred
· Ability to prioritize patients based on predetermined criteria
· Ability to effectively supervise and provide professional leadership to the dietary and medical staff
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills of a complex nature and excellent organizational skills
· Ability to gain the confidence and co-operation of patients and maintain effective working relationship with others, such as physicians, nurses and co-workers
· A high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people, patients, families and co-workers at all times.
· Superior negotiation and problem solving ability
· Spanish language skills preferred
Compensation & Benefits
· An additional 15% on top of the base hourly rate (if not an employee already in a benefited position)
· Benefit option available through the Asante Flexible Workforce plan
· Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values –traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.