RN – Hospice Assessment Nurse Position Overview
The Asante Hospice Department manages the patient's care in the home environment in order to promote the delivery of quality, cost-effective healthcare services, in the most appropriate setting, by reducing periods of hospitalization and facility placement, and by preventing unnecessary admissions and re-admissions.
Other posting information: A part time Assessment Nurse works five (5) to eight (8) standby shifts per pay period where the RN will be on standby to assess patients over the phone, and make needed visits as required by patients and their families. Primary work will be triaging calls, supporting the hospice families from home, and skilled nursing visits for symptom management and family support as needed. This role requires an individual with excellent triaging skills, symptom management, and communication skills.
**Sign-On Bonus up to $2500 and Relocation Packages Available for New Hires!**
· Associates Degree in Nursing or above
· BSN, preferred
· Previous RN Experience in an acute patient care environment, required
· Must be organized and comfortable with phone triage and night time visits.
· Innovative thinker
· Must have excellent communication skills and a compassionate presence.
· Understanding and knowledge of hospice care and its levels of care
· Hospice experience or Home Health/Palliative Care preferred
· Registered Nurse (RN) licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing. Will consider candidates with RN licensure from out of state – but Oregon license is required by start date
· Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified through the American Heart Association(AHA) is required upon start
· Possession of a valid Oregon Driver's License with proof of safe driving record for the past ten years and proof of insurance may be required
· CHPN; Certified Hospice Palliative Nurse, preferred
· Basic Arrhythmia Course, preferred
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive starting wage
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
· Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
· Generous Earned Time Off
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a locally-managed, nationally recognized top 15 health system. We are located in beautiful Southern Oregon and are the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5000 people and include Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
Our mission is simple: "Asante exists to provide quality healthcare services in a compassionate manner, valued by the communities we serve."
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values – the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.