40 Hour OT Rule - OT paid after 40 worked hours in a week
On Call - eligible for 15% Premium Pay
Patient Access Assistant – Emergency Department Position Overview
At Asante, the Patient Access Assistant for Emergency Department provides a complete registration for emergency department visits under direct supervision. This position ensures that accurate information is collected and that patients are aware of their rights. This position also creates calculation statements, collects copayments and negotiates patient payment amounts as appropriate.
This position is based out of the Emergency Department at Asante Community Hospital and is a scheduled on-call position. Shifts are 12-hours in the ED and flexibility in working both day and nights shifts, as well as the willingness to cross-train to the Outpatient department is needed. Flexibility to work weekdays, some weekends, and some holidays also required. Extra shift differentials are paid for swing, night, and weekend hours.
As a Patient Access Assistant at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
· Confirm identity with patient and correctly identify the patient in the registration system by searching for patient by name, date of birth, and/or social security number.
· Correctly obtain all registration required information face-to-face in the registration office or at the patient's bedside without interfering with the flow of patient treatment.
· Correctly enter Demographic, Insurance, Accident Dates/Times, and all compliancy requirements during registration into the ADT system.
· Obtain required signatures on appropriate documents and give patient required documents
· Ensure accurate and timely billing: verify eligibility, benefits, through the use of patient's insurance card, verification software, and/or insurance company web sites.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· 6 months experience in a customer service oriented area preferred. Experience in a clinical healthcare environment working with physicians and nursing staff also preferred.
· Keyboard proficiency of 45 wpm and the ability to use Microsoft Office.
· Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
· Problem solving ability.
· Ability to independently plan, organize, and implement multiple detailed tasks simultaneously while working in an environment with frequent interruptions.
· Ability to communicate and interact appropriately with a variety of people while practicing diplomacy and tact.
· Exceptional customer service skills, professionalism, confidentiality. Must be detail oriented.
· Must be flexible with work schedule as needed, including ability to work days, nights and weekends.
Compensation & Benefits for On-Call/Flexible Workforce
· An additional 15% on top of the base hourly rate (if not an employee already in a benefited position)
· Benefit option available through the Asante Flexible Workforce plan
· Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values –traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.