40 Hour OT Rule - OT paid after 40 worked hours in a week
On Call - eligible for 15% Premium Pay
Patient Access Assistant – Emergency Department Position Overview
At Asante, the Patient Access Assistant – Emergency Department provides a complete registration for emergency department visits under direct supervision. This position ensures that accurate information is collected and that patients are aware of their rights. This position also creates calculation statements, collects copayments and negotiates patient payment amounts as appropriate.
This position is a schedule on-call and hours and shifts will vary. The ED is a 24/7 department with primarily 12-hour shifts (for days and nights). The ideal candidate will be flexible to day, evening, and night hours - to include some weekends and holidays. Extra shift differentials are paid for swing, night, and weekend hours.
As a Patient Access Assistant at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
· Confirm identity with patient and correctly identify the patient in the registration system by searching for patient by name, date of birth, and/or social security number.
· Correctly obtain all registration required information face-to-face in the registration office or at the patient's bedside without interfering with the flow of patient treatment.
· Correctly enter Demographic, Insurance, Accident Dates/Times, and all compliancy requirements during registration into the ADT system.
· Obtain required signatures on appropriate documents and give patient required documents
· Ensure accurate and timely billing: verify eligibility, benefits, through the use of patient's insurance card, verification software, and/or insurance company web sites.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· 6 months experience in a customer service oriented area preferred. Experience in a clinical healthcare environment working with physicians and nursing staff also preferred.
· Keyboard proficiency of 45 wpm and the ability to use Microsoft Office.
· Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
· Problem solving ability.
· Ability to independently plan, organize, and implement multiple detailed tasks simultaneously while working in an environment with frequent interruptions.
· Ability to communicate and interact appropriately with a variety of people while practicing diplomacy and tact.
· Exceptional customer service skills, professionalism, confidentiality. Must be detail oriented.
· Must be flexible with work schedule as needed, including ability to work days, nights and weekends.
Compensation & Benefits
· Targeted starting wage range: $11.24 - $14.05
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is one of the top 15 health systems in the nation and the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We are locally owned and based in beautiful Southern Oregon. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5000 people and include Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values – the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.