Medical Assistant Position Overview
Asante Physician Partners (APP) is a group of top medical professionals working together to provide comprehensive, readily accessible care to patients in southern Oregon. We collaborate with other healthcare professionals throughout the area to offer you a full spectrum of quality care close to home, supported by Asante's full range of services and hospitals.
The Medical Assistant for APP assists medical providers and works closely with patients in preparation for examination to provide medical care. Several functions for the medical clinic are performed such as assisting the front office, surgery scheduling, order entry and various other support duties.
As a Medical Assistant at Asante you will have the opportunity to:
· Work closely with patients to prepare them for their exam to provide medical care, performing routines tests, provide treatment and administer medications
· Utilize clinical and clerical skills inputting ancillary orders into EPIC, coordinate patient referrals, surgery scheduling and assist the front office and medical records team as necessary
· Communicate with staff, physicians, hospital departments, patients, families and community agencies to improve the patient experience
· Create a safe, customer friendly atmosphere to provide the best quality service to our patients and customers
· High school diploma or equivalent and course work in medical terminology
· Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program, including CMA certification, preferred
· Previous verifiable Medical Assistant experience of 6 months or more, or current enrollment in an accredited Medical Assistant program required
· Previous verifiable Medical Assistant experience of 1 year or more, preferred
· Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified by American Heart Association (AHA) is required upon start
· Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by the National Healthcare Association (NHA) required or must acquire within 6 months of hire
Additional Position Details
This position will support our APP Endocrinology Providers with APP Black Oak Medical Plaza
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive starting wage
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
· Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
· Generous Personal Time Off (PTO)
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values – traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.