RN-ACH/ Intensive Care Unit Position Overview
The Asante Ashland Community Hospital Intensive Care Unit provides an environment wherein adult medical and surgical patients requiring intensive care can frequently be assessed, monitored, and receive special therapy. In addition, patients who require an increased intensity of nursing care and/or patients who require an increased level of surveillance.
The Intensive Care Unit at Asante Ashland Community Hospital (AACH) is a 4 bed multi-specialty unit with an increasing line of services to include tele-intensivist consultation. AACH maintains a hospitalist staff onboard at all times, who works with the critical care RN to manage patients in the ICU as appropriate. RN to patient ratios are often 1:1 but may go up to 1:2. AACH ICU RN's are afforded the opportunity for paid cross training time in the Emergency Department, PALS, and TNCC if they so desire.
· Associates degree in nursing or above required
· Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
· Critical Care experience required
· Registered Nurse (RN) licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing required
· Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified through the American Heart Association required upon start
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified by American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive starting wage
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
· Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
· Generous Earned Time Off
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is one of the top 15 health systems in the nation and the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We are locally owned and based in beautiful Southern Oregon. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5000 people and include Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values – the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.