RN – Surgery (Operating Room) Position Overview
At Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center (ARRMC), we have a state of the art surgical department with 15 OR suites, including 2 dedicated cardiac surgery suites and a hybrid operating room. On average, there are 10,000 cases performed each year at ARRMC, in a variety of specialties: general/vascular, neurosurgery, total joint/orthopedics, bariatric surgery, trauma, gyn, ENT, plastics, urology and cardiothoracic surgery. ARRMC is a very progressive surgical hospital. In addition to performing robotic urological, gynecologic and general surgery, ARRMC was the first hospital in the state to employ the use of the Mazor neurosurgical robot. In addition, ARRMC was one of the first hospitals in Oregon to perform transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) and is recognized as among the top cardiac surgery hospitals in the West. ARRMC serves as the regional referral center for nine counties and is currently pursuing Level II Trauma designation from the State of Oregon.
As a Surgery RN at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
· Provide Compassionate, efficient, and high quality nursing care for a diverse population of patients and families
· Scrub and circulate a variety of procedures within the surgical suite
· Collaborate interdepartmentally to deliver excellent care to patients
· Participate in clinical teams to focus on evidence-based continual improvement
· Associates Degree in Nursing required
· BSN/MSN preferred
· Current Operating Room experience (minimum 1040 hours in the last 2 years) or recent successful completion of extended Perioperative training required
· Ability to competently circulate in 4 of the 6 specialties required
· Scrub experience preferred
There is a 20 minute response time from time of page/call on Standby call
Shift Availability: standby call and One holiday call (general call) per year required.
· Registered Nurse (RN) licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing required
· Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified through the American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
· Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) - sponsored by the Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN) preferred
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive starting wage and shift differentials
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
· Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
· Generous Earned Time Off
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
· Relocation Assistance Available
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center, a 100 Top Hospital® by Truven Health Analytics™, located in Medford, OR is a 378-bed regional referral and trauma center featuring the latest medical technology and clinical expertise--all administered with a patient-focused philosophy. Our hospital team delivers nationally-recognized heart and vascular care, orthopedic services, and cancer care, as well as a comprehensive range of other key services including neurology and neurosurgery, bariatric surgery, rehabilitation services, work health, diabetes care, hospice services, a primary stroke center, an accredited hospital-based sleep center, and the regions only neonatal intensive care unit.
Asante is one of the top 15 health systems in the nation and the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We are locally owned and based in beautiful Southern Oregon. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5000 people and include Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values – the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.