Full Time salaried position
Systems Engineer 2 Position Overview
The Systems Engineer 2 is responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, and support of network and host systems/applications owned or operated by Asante. These systems include, but are not limited to, Windows and Unix applications, client, server, and storage systems, network routing and switching, telephony, and security. The Systems Engineer 2 supports the day-to-day operations of Asante's Data Centers, does upgrade, capacity and disaster planning, and network performance analysis. The Systems Engineer 2 requires an understanding of the systems design and analysis techniques necessary to assist internal customers in defining systems/applications to meet the institutional goals of quality patient care, cost containment, and operational efficiency. Systems Engineer 2s routinely act as technical resources for strategic initiatives, projects, and system implementations. The Systems Engineer 2 may be focused in specific disciplines (e.g. server operations, storage systems, network infrastructure, client workstations, application support, etc.). The Systems Engineer 2 serves as Tier 2 and 3 technical support for many systems.
· Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent professional training in information systems, information technology, technical support, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 5+ years of experience supporting computer systems and applications including systems analysis and performance tuning in a 7 x 24 mission critical data center environment. Demonstrated knowledge of computer operating systems (such as Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Windows Workstation, Linux, and IBM AIX), client and server based applications, data storage systems, systems monitoring and analysis, voice, data and network communications systems, backup systems, and disaster recovery. A demonstrated knowledge of routing, network management systems, SNMP, protocol analysis, and network troubleshooting using industry standard tools.
For this position, candidates must possess the following:
· Knowledge of the TCP/IP Protocol
· Experience with Cisco routing and switching
· Experience with the Cisco CLI
· A general background of firewall technologies
· Seasoned troubleshooting skills
· Ability to work afterhours if needed
· CCNA certification
· Demonstrated analytical skills to diagnose and address network problems; able to develop and document procedures; able to prioritize work to meet ITS project goals and deadlines.
· Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
· Able to work efficiently toward shared goals in a professional team environment.
Compensation & Benefits
· Targeted starting wage range: $78,353 - $97,957
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision care
· Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
· Generous Earned Time Off
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is one of the top 15 health systems in the nation and the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We are locally owned and based in beautiful Southern Oregon. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5000 people and include Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values – the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.