40 Hour OT Rule - OT paid after 40 worked hours in a week
Part Time Benefited
Health Information Management Specialist II Position Overview
The Health Information Management Specialist II ensures all patient health information is accurately stored in the electronic medical record imaging system. This includes transporting, prepping and quality checking paper documentation for scanning and indexing into the electronic medical record and may also include completing data integrity validation and correction requiring proficiency in multiple software applications, and ultimately preserving the integrity of the health record.
Other responsibilities include performing qualitative and quantitative analysis of all discharged patient records; entering record deficiencies into the hospital computer system; monitoring the status of incomplete records, updating physicians and others, and generating appropriate suspension and reinstatement letters. Also performs a variety of clerical duties including back up for other clerical employees.
The Health Information Specialist II is responsible for providing excellent customer service at all times to all customers while protecting the patient's right to privacy by ensuring only authorized individuals have access to the patient's medical information and that all releases are in compliance with department policies, Asante policies, and HIPAA regulations.
For this position, the ideal schedule is 12:00 noon to 8:00pm. There will be some flexibility in the hours if needed. This position will also require one weekend day a week.
As a Health Information Management Specialist II, you will have the opportunity to:
· Accurately prepare medical record documents for manual scanning into the electronic medical record document imaging system by organizing and sorting a multitude of record forms according to department processes
· Provide high quality customer service in the form of telephone answering and interaction with physicians and other customers
· Provide timely and accurate response to requests for access to medical records for continuity of care and well as provide ongoing customer service to individuals requesting assistance with viewing electronic medical records
· Perform accurate qualitative analysis of all records utilizing electronic medical record analysis software
· Work with various computer software/hardware systems to achieve optimal work performance
· High school graduate or GED required
· Course in medical terminology or equivalent required
· Associate Degree in Health Information Management, Computer Science, or other related program, preferred
· Completion of coding program, preferred
· Completion of health data or medical language specialist program, preferred
· Courses in anatomy and disease process or equivalent, preferred
· Two years of health information office experience required
· Computer proficiency required
· Past experience preparing paper medical records for document scanning and/or with medical record document scanning software, preferred
· Notary License may be required, and if so, must obtain within 60 days of hire, or complete the first available Notary class offered in area
· Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) by American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or RHIA, AAMT, CHDS, RHDS, AAPC, or CPC, CCS, CCA and/or other HIM related certification, preferred
· Must be detail oriented, self-disciplined and organized
· Ability to interact with physicians and other staff in a professional and effective manner
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive starting wage
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
· Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
· Generous Earned Time Off
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values –traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.