Asante Physician Partners (APP) is a group of top medical professionals working together to provide comprehensive, readily accessible care to patients in southern Oregon. We collaborate with other healthcare professionals throughout the area to offer you a full spectrum of quality care close to home, supported by Asante's full range of services and hospitals.
The APP Ashland OB/GYN Specialty and Midwife office is seeking a highly qualified Medical Assistant to support the Ob/GYN Providers and staff. Previous experience working with OB/GYN patients is preferred for this position. This position is based out of Ashland, Oregon.
As a Medical Assistant for APP Ashland Specialty and Midwife you will have the opportunity to:
· Set up and assist Providers with in-office procedures such as; IUD and Nexplanon insertions and removals, Colposcopies, Vulvar Biopsies, LEEP and other procedures
· Wrapping/packing and autoclaving instruments
· Perform CLIA waived tests (urine dips and pregnancy tests) and documenting results in EPIC
· Schedule clinic and surgery appointments
· Administer immunizations and other medications. Chart vital signs and medical histories
· Maintain equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking and cleaning
· Send out specimens for lab testing
· Complete prior authorizations for medications
· Telephone triage, including notifying patient of lab results by phone, letter or MyChart