The Monitor Tech Position Overview
The Monitor Tech is responsible for monitoring, documenting and interpreting cardiac rhythms for assigned patients on the unit under the direction of the RN, LPN, Physician or Physician Assistant. This is a highly administrative position in a fast-paced environment and responsibilities include the unit's clerical duties, transcription of orders, communication of information and requisition of supplies and equipment. Additional responsibilities include monitoring, documenting and interpreting EKG rhythms and/or hemodynamic lines; documenting and reporting EKG abnormalities, changes or concerns to the appropriate staff member.
· Successful Completion of a Basic Cardiac Rhythms course and/or the ability to pass Asante's Basic Cardiac Rhythms test is required
· Knowledge of medical terminology (through education or experience in a health care setting) required
· Successful completion of an Advanced Cardiac Rhythms course, preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: As indicated in the Education requirements noted above, this position requires successful completion of a basic cardiac rhythms course and/or the ability to pass Asante's Basic Cardiac Rhythms test in order to qualify for the position and be forwarded for consideration. Applicants that have not taken the course through Asante will be asked to "challenge" Asante's test.
Courses are also available on the Internet for a fee. One suggestion is https://www.ecgcourse.com/index.php
· No previous experience as a Monitor Tech required, however clerical and/or reception experience in a healthcare setting is highly preferred.
· One year or more of telemetry monitoring in an acute care setting and/or EMT experience also preferred.
· Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified by American Heart Association (AHA) is preferred
· Medical terminology, computer and typing skills
· Effective communication skills and the ability to react calmly in emergency situations
· Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize workload
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients
· Flexibility in arranging work schedule, preferred
Most shifts are 10 - 12 hours (depending on the unit) and will include long periods of sitting, watching monitors and working on a computer.
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive starting wage
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
· Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
· Generous Earned Time Off
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
For on-call Positions
Compensation & Benefits
· An additional 15% on top of the base hourly rate (if not an employee already in a benefitted position)
· Benefit option available through the Asante Flexible Workforce plan
· Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values –traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.