On Call - eligible for 15% Premium Pay
EKG Equipment Technician Position Overview
The EKG Equipment Technician assists respiratory care practitioners through equipment cleaning, assembly, supply stocking and inventory control.
As the EKG Equipment Technician at Asante you will have the opportunity to:
• Acquire 12 lead-electrocardiograms on all patient age groups
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Preferred experience –
o Data entry, DOS, Windows, spreadsheets and word processing experience are desirable
o Previous experience as a healthcare provider is highly desirable
o Current enrollment in an accredited 2 year respiratory care practitioner training program is highly desirable
o Recent employment establishing decision making ability and/or mechanical aptitude is helpful.
• Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified by the American Heart Association preferred
• Ability to organize workload according to essential tasks, as well as the mechanical aptitude to trouble shoot complex equipment are essential
• Must be able to demonstrate effective communication skills and be supportive of the total patient care team
Compensation & Benefits
• Excellent salary, including bonus potential
• Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision care
• Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
• Generous work/life balance incentive
• Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values – the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.