Respiratory Care Practitioner I Position Overview
The Respiratory Care Practitioner I supports the team of respiratory care professionals by providing routine services to non-critical patients care areas. This position is transitional in nature, and is designed to prepare the practitioner for advancement to respiratory care in adult critical care.
As the Respiratory Care Practitioner I at Asante you will have the opportunity to:
· Work side by side with our medical professionals and develop the respiratory plan of care for our patients.
· Assist the Adult Advanced Practitioner in the management of patients requiring invasive adult mechanical ventilation Grow, facilitate and coach a high performing team.
· Work with Therapist driven protocols and a Rapid Response Team.
· Be a part of a top 100 Cardiovascular hospital with a Level IIIa NICU and NICU Transport Team.
· Work independently in the adult critical care units, upon completion of Respiratory Care Services' Critical Care Orientation, in addition to mastering all assigned competencies as outlined in RVMC Respiratory Care Services Competency Evaluation.
· Six months clinical experience delivering respiratory care in non-critical care environments. (Will consider new grad with strong recommendations)
· Previous entry-level respiratory care experience preferred.
· Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified by the American Heart Association
· Preferred qualifications
o NRP : Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification issued by American Heart Association (AHA)
· Critical thinking, data collection, analysis and problem solving skills. Strong communication skills and ability to function as an effective team member
· Word processing, keyboarding, Windows preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
· Excellent salary, including bonus potential
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision care
· Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
· Generous work/life balance incentive
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is one of the top 15 health systems in the nation and the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We are locally owned and based in beautiful Southern Oregon. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5000 people and include Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values – the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.