Medical Assistant Position Overview
Asante Physician Partners (APP) is a group of top medical professionals working together to provide comprehensive, readily accessible care to patients in southern Oregon. We collaborate with other healthcare professionals throughout the area to offer you a full spectrum of quality care close to home, supported by Asante's full range of services and hospitals.
The Medical Assistant for APP assists medical providers and works closely with patients in preparation for examination to provide medical care. Performs routine tests and assists with maintenance and inventory of all medical supplies. Completes paperwork assigned by Provider. Assists front office, surgery scheduling and medical records team as needed. Fields and conducts patient calls as requested, manages In Basked and prepares charts. Enters ancillary service orders and computerized provider order entries (CPOE).
As a Medical Assistant at Asante you will have the opportunity to:
· Work closely with patients to prepare them for their exam to provide medical care, performing routines tests, provide treatment and administer medications
· Utilize clinical and clerical skills inputting ancillary orders into EPIC, coordinate patient referrals, surgery scheduling and assist the front office and medical records team as necessary
· Communicate with staff, physicians, hospital departments, patients, families and community agencies to improve the patient experience
· Create a safe, customer friendly atmosphere to provide the best quality service to our patients and customers
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Previous verifiable Medical Assistant experience of 1 year or more, preferred
· Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified by American Heart Association (AHA) is required upon start
· One of the following certifications are accepted; Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by the National Healthcare Association (NHA), Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) by NCCT, Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the AAMA or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) by AMT. In leiu of certification, 8 months previous verifiable medical assistant experience and must obtain Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through NHA within 6 months of hire. Or, current enrollment in accredited medical assistant program with ability to obtain CCMA or RMA within 6 within 6 months of hire.
Additional Position Details
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive starting wage
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
· Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
· Generous Personal Time Off (PTO)
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values – traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.